Stories, opinions, facts, convictions, and lessons learned from a small town farm girl.


Friday, June 29, 2012

Life these days...

A lot has happened since I've last posted on here. I am now the proud recipient of a Master of Science in Animal Science from the University of Arkansas. After graduation (and I mean RIGHT after graduation - the ceremony ended at 11 and my dog Huck and I were on the road headed east by 12:15) I headed home to Maryland to plan our wedding, which was a short dive weeks away at the time. It seems that writing a thesis and finishing up research for a Master's while planning a wedding from 1500 miles away proves to be difficult for even the most proficient multi-taskers... So the first part of my summer consisted of mass amounts of sunscreen in a last-ditch effort to avoid tan lines when I walked down the aisle as well as so many wedding crafts I am now considering selling everything as a "country weddin' package" on ebay. June 16th came faster than any date has ever approached that I can recollect and before I knew it I was walking down the aisle to be married to my dearest friend. Wehad a beautiful wedding - the entire celebration was outdoor on the farm I grew up on and if I had to do it all over again, I'd do it exacty the same. And at the end of the day, all that really mattered was that I was married to the man of my dreams. So I am now Mrs. Jessica Williamson. I moved back to Kentucky where my husband works and Lord-willing I will find work soon. I'll just do my part and leave it in His hands from there. Today we are headed to western Kentucky where he has a Kentucky Cattleman's Association Board of Directors meeting - looking forward to another day of newly-wedded bliss with my husband! Thank you all for being so patient in my brief absence from all things social media - stay tuned for wedding pictures and some fun details of the big day! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment