Stories, opinions, facts, convictions, and lessons learned from a small town farm girl.


Friday, May 21, 2010

Home is Where Your Heart is...

"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it."

Most of you who read this know me pretty well, and if you know me pretty well, you know any sort of "metropolis" or highly populated area can send me straight into an anxiety attack. Heck, where I grew up we didn't have to look both ways to cross the street - we didn't even have a street! We had roads, and if we were lucky, there might be yellow lines on them. So, you can imagine my anxiety when my boyfriend and I began house-hunting in Fayetteville, Arkansas - where the University of Arkansas is located. Here in Oklahoma is the first time I've ever lived in a "town"... even in undergrad I lived on a farm! We knew going into this house hunt that it wasn't going to be easy trying to find a place within our price range and out of city limits.

Last weekend we began the long trek around Fayetteville - made a few appointments, stopped at some houses, and merely glanced at while driving past a few. We found an ad for a house in Prairie Grove, Arkansas and as we were just driving out to it, I knew this would be it. We were driving down beautiful roads with dairy and beef farms lining the shoulders. We pulled up to the house and not only did it have a front porch, but a herd of black cows were grazing in the field right down from it - our everyday view from our own home.

So after we found the place I shortly thereafter began to panic again - What if the landlord did not want to rent to us? But, thankfully Ben got a phone call the other day saying the place was ours if we wanted it! Hallelujah! One other thing to cross off on my to-do list.

I spent the morning breeding cows again - once again, it was one of the best days I've had with my internship here at The Noble Foundation. I tell ya what, there is absolutely nothing in this world better than working outside. I thank God everyday that He blessed me with my heart and the passion for agriculture. I truly want nothing more in this life than to spend it doing what I love the most - working with cattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment